BLHeli_32 is the 3rd generation of BLHeli firmware after BLHeli and BLHeli_S. BLHeli_32 runs on an ARM 32bit MCU, initially it will be on a Cortex-M0 running at 48MHz, but there are MCUs out there that can run a lot faster.
Here is a video made by Project Falcon, here he talks about BlHeli32
So what can the increased MCU speed do?
First of all, it can run input signals with lower latency at faster rates.
Dshot up to at least Dshot1200, and at rates up to at least 32kHz is now supported.
According to Oscar Liang, these are the future functionality of BlHeli32..
- programmable PWM frequency of up to 48KHz
- Auto-timing for higher efficiency and realiability
- Current limiting (with built-in current sensor on ESC)
- Adjustable “Brake on Stop” force
- Improve direction change in Bidirectional mode
- ESC Telemetry
- Configuring from FC using DShot commands
Here are some Questions and answers – Link
Related products – Wraith32 V2 35A EsC