NOTE: New Emax Lightning 35A Blheli_S escs are not compatible with BF2.9.0 and is now 2s-4s capable only.
Please read this, notice from manufacturer of this ESC since the recall.
FLIGHT CONTROL FIRMWARE COMPATIBLITY LIST:
CLEANFLIGHT: 1.9 – 1.13
BETAFLIGHT: 2.7.1, 2.8.1 (2.9 not compatible)
Other firmwares may be operational but may not be fully supported so be careful and use at your own risk
EMAX LIGHTNING_S 35A ESC:
1. BLHeli_S ESC with Hardware generated PWM synchronous to MCU yields ultra-quiet motor performance.
2. Utilizes high-performance EFM8BB2 50MHz MCU
3. Lightweight: 4.2g = without heatsink & without wires / 5.6g = with heatsink & without wires / 14g = with heatsink and with all wires.
4. Footprint: 32.6*18.0*6.5 (mm)
5. Only supports Damped Light (Active Braking is the only option for BLHeli_S)
6. FW upgradable via signal wire (BLHeli_S HEX needed)
7. Anti-counterfeit code of authenticity
8. Dynamic voltage range – Supports 2S up to 4S Input Voltage (7.4v-25v)
9. Supports Motors with super high KV (EFM8BusyBee 50MHz can handle up to 500k eRPM)
10. Supports 1-2ms signal, Oneshot125, Oneshot42, and Multishot.
11. High-current burst rating
12. High-Resolution Throttle steps (512 to 2048 steps depending on hardware configuration)
13. Hardware PWM refresh rate up to 36khz with BLHeli_S (Regular BLHeli with Software PWM runs at 16khz). (Faster rate allows more input signal in same given amount of time resulting in smoother and more responsive throttle.)
Links to resources on BLHELI_S
RCGROUPS Discussion Thread
Miniquadsbenchtest Test results:
So what is BLHELI_S ? Oscar liangs take on this question , click here.